An article written by Sree Kumar, co-founder of Equinox Consultants, listed the challenges brought by the COVID-19 pandemic to companies and their workforce.
Kumar pointed out that aside from the financial setbacks, the company’s workforce will experience difficulties due to the gradual return to “normalcy” post-COVID.
These are four wellness challenges that leaders must plan for to protect the mental well-being of their employees:
- Mental/emotional wellness – due to the emotional upheaval of the workforce.
- Social wellness – because family time will diminish (again).
- Team wellness – as a result of returning to a toxic corporate atmosphere.
- Leadership wellness – from having to respond to overbearing executives.
According to Kumar, business leaders need to address this post-pandemic situation by turning their attention to four key dimensions described by the STAR acronym:
- Stimulating communication
This topic is discussed in detail at the Mental Wellness Society. If you want to be part of the discussion, sign up now and join our growing MWS partners.